Is there a more mouthwatering combination than lemon, butter, and garlic? Shrimp Scampi makes the most of all three ingredients! Top this bright dish with fresh parsley and serve it as an appetizer with crusty bread or as a main dish over cooked spaghetti.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the shrimp mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze.
- Allow the shrimp to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour the contents of the freezer bag into the slow cooker, cover it, and let the shrimp cook on low for 1½–2½ hours.