- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 8 oz (225 g) mozzarella cheese, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the dressing
- 1 cup basil, rinsed and dried, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Rinse the farro under cold running water and place in a large saucepan. Cover with about 2½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes or until softened. Remove from the heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
- To make the pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season to taste, if needed.
- Place the mozzarella and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the pesto and cooled farro and stir to mix. Chill the salad in the fridge until ready to serve, garnished with a few basil leaves.