Summer salads are the best part of the warm-weather months. Well, ice cream ranks high but only after a delicious salad. Mixing some West Indies flavors into this salad just feels right. There are several YouTube videos showcasing mango peeling and pitting.
- 1 head (8 cups) red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups prepared quinoa
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 5 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 2 cups leftover pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup pine nuts (optional)
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce and quinoa with the dressing. Fold in the mangoes, red onion, beans, and basil. Top with the pieces of pork.
- If desired, sprinkle the salad with the pine nuts.