- Yield: 12
- Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¾ pound carrots, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
How to Make It
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and egg; fold in the carrots and ½ cup of the pecans. Add to the flour mixture; mix to combine.
- Bake in a lined 12-cup muffin tin at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the sugar. Chill for 5 minutes. Frost cupcakes; top with remaining pecans.