- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups (8 ounces) nextover’d Cumin-Roasted Carrots
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic–Herb Sauce or pesto
- ½ cup baby arugula or other small, tender greens
- ¼ cup Pickled Red Onions, plus more for serving
How to Make It
- Set a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat it to 500°F.
- If your carrots have been in the fridge, take them out and let them warm up on the counter while you prepare the flatbread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper until it looks a little whipped and fluffy. (If your ricotta is on the drier side, go ahead and add another tablespoon of oil.)
- Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stretch or roll the pizza dough into a rustic 16- by 11-inch rectangle. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet, then spread the ricotta over the dough, leaving a ½-inch margin all around. Bake the crust until it’s crispy on the bottom and the ricotta is just starting to turn golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer the crust to a cutting board and let it cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, toss the carrots with the herb sauce and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Top the pizza crust with the carrots, arranging them in a single layer.
- In the same bowl you tossed the carrots in, toss together the greens and pickled onions (the greens will pick up whatever remnants of sauce were in the bowl, and that’s the point). Add the greens to the pizza, arranging them more or less evenly over the top. Serve the flatbread with a small bowl of more pickled onions on the table.