This is a great meal to make during the week for your kids. It is incredibly easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 1½ pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1, 28 ounce can of pureed tomatoes
- 1, 16 ounce box of elbow macaroni
- ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the canola oil and onion. Season with a dash of salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the lean ground beef. Continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add in the chopped garlic, tomatoes, dried oregano, dash of salt and black pepper. Stir well to mix. Allow to come to a simmer. Lower the heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
- Prepare the elbow macaroni according to the directions on the package. Drain and transfer into a baking dish. Pour the beef mix over the top and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese and grated mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.