Baked chicken tenders are healthier than fried chicken and tastier than traditional chicken nuggets. Make a large batch and store them in the freezer for a quick meal on a busy day.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- about ½ cup (64 grams) Basic Flour Blend or any individual gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds (680 g) boneless and skinless chicken tenders
- 3 Flaxseed Eggs
- 1 cup (92 g) Bread Crumbs
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9 by 12-inch (23 by 30 cm) baking dish.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken tenders and toss until the chicken is coated with flour. Shake excess flour off the chicken tenders.
- Place the flaxseed eggs in a separate shallow bowl, and the bread crumbs on a shallow plate.
- Dip each floured tender into the flaxseed egg to create a moist layer, then roll it in the bread crumbs to coat it on all sides.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tenders are golden brown and cooked through. Baking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken tenders.