This dish is all about umami, our fifth taste. It’s packed full of flavour and texture, from the melt-in-the-mouth mushrooms to the strong flavours of balsamic vinegar, tamari and coconut.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) minced/ground beef
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons chilli/chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 allspice berries
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 oz (200 g) button mushrooms, cleaned but left whole
- sliced avocado and soured/sour cream, to serve
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker and add the ghee. When hot, add the onion and garlic and stir. After 3 minutes, add the beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add the balsamic vinegar, tamari or coconut aminos, sugar, chilli/chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, allspice berries and tomato paste and stir to deglaze the pot. Finally, stir in the mushrooms.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 10 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method. Serve in deep bowls with sliced avocado and soured/sour cream.