Reputed to be an aphrodisiac, a stimulant and addictive, chocolate is one of the most ancient sweet treats. There’s no doubt it gives comfort and pleasure. This triple-chocolate cookie will certainly satisfy your cravings.
- Yield: 30
- 220 g soft butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 220 g muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 280 g plain white flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g milk chocolate chips
- 250 g white chocolate, cut in chunks
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Cream the butter with the caster and muscovado sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into the bowl and mix well together. Mix in the chocolate chips and chunks.
- Divide into walnut-sized balls and arrange, well spaced out, on a non-stick baking sheet or a sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake for 6–7 minutes until set around the edges but still soft in the centre.
- Leave to cool and set on the tray for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin.