These delightful caramels are good enough to give to all your neighbors, who may even line up outside your door for them! Christmas caramel now that would be perfection!
- Yield: 20 candies
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It
- Grease a 9 × 5 × 3-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan set over high heat, reduce the apple cider to about ¼ cup, about 30 minutes.
- Once the apple cider has reduced, add the butter, both sugars, and the heavy cream. Cook until the mixture registers 255°F degrees on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes.
- Immediately stir in the ground cinnamon and salt, and pour into the prepared pan. Let the candy chill and set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Using a small paring knife, slice into individual caramel candies.
- If the candies will be used as holiday gifts, wrap them in candy wax papers.