When you think cilantro, you may think of salsa, but this smoothie is anything but. This zesty herb adds a tantalizing freshness that tickles your taste buds while purifying your body. Cilantro has been used to cleanse the blood of heavy metals like mercury and lead. You can feel great unwinding with this smoothie because it fills you up with healthy fats and fiber while taking a bit of toxic weight off of your shoulders.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 each large collard green leaf
- 1 each small avocado, pitted
- ¾ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup ice, 1 cup or filtered water
- Fresh pineapple chunks, garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender.
- Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. Garnish
- Place a few pineapple chunks onto 2 toothpicks. Garnish each glass with the pineapple chunks and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.