- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) celery seed
- 1½ cups (375 mL) whole milk, well mixed with 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- In a 2-quart saucepan, on medium, cook onion in butter until soft. Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme, and celery seed. Bring contents to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When potato is soft, remove saucepan from heat and cool.
- Purée half of the soup in a blender. Return purée to saucepan. Stir milk and flour mixture into soup and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer soup, stirring often, until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Serve with fresh bread or rolls.