- Yield: 6 Serving about 1 cup per serving
- 2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- ¾ cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.12 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
How to Make It
- In a soup pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in corn, evaporated milk, cheese, thyme, and pepper. Continue cooking 5 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted, stirring often.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and the water. Slowly stir into soup and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in bacon bits and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.