- Yield: 4 Servings
- 500 g Wagyu sirloin or fillet
- Seasonal salad vegetables: lettuce, tomato, radish, water cress, arugula, peas, bean shoots, cucumber, etc.
- Japanese herbs: shiso, micro shiso, myoga, etc.
- 50 g sesame paste
- 35 g rice vinegar
- 40 g soy sauce
- 8 g mirin
- 15 g sugar
- 15 g white sesame seeds
- 8 g black sesame seeds
How to Make It
- Cut all of the vegetables, except bean shoots, into bite sized pieces, keeping the crunchy texture.
- Boil the bean shoots briefly and cool down immediately to keep the texture. Sauce
- To make the sesame sauce, coarsely grind the white and black sesame seeds and incorporate into the remaining ingredients. Beef
- Remove the tendon and any excess fat. Sprinkle with sea salt and grill both sides (use charcoal if possible and smoke with straw), keeping the meat blue inside, then slice. To Serve
- Plate the vegetables, wagyu and Japanese herbs and serve the sesame sauce on the side for dipping. A simple soy sauce with fresh grated wasabi or ponzu sauce are also good accompaniments.