- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 1 cup (245 g) unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (285 g) packed dark brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups (250 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 0.66 cup (80 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) plus 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon (1.8 g) ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
- 2 cups (250 g) coarsely grated apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup (165 g) packed golden or regular sulfite-free raisins
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, cream together applesauce, oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt. Add in flours, 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) cinnamon, ginger, and baking powder and blend until smooth. Stir in the apples and raisins
- Let dough sit for about 3 minutes. Spoon the remaining 1 tablespoon (7 g) cinnamon onto the center of the dough. Using the mixer, gently blend the cinnamon into the dough without overmixing (leave streaks of cinnamon throughout the mixture).
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto a baking sheet, 6 per sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden around the bottoms. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a fl at surface to cool completely.