- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Greek-style yogurt handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 2 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 12 green olives, pitted
- 7 oz (200g) cold-smoked trout fillets, flaked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pickled cucumber
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
How to Make It
- Cut the avocado flesh into slices lengthwise, then sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Set aside.
- To make the pickled cucumber, whisk the vinegar, sugar, and chile in a small bowl until combined. Add the cucumber, and toss it all together. In a separate small bowl, stir together the yogurt and mint until well mixed.
- Arrange the salad leaves and olives in a large bowl or on 4 individual plates. Top with the flaked trout and avocado, then season to taste. Spoon some of the pickled cucumber mixture over top, and keep the rest in a bowl to serve on the side along with the mint yogurt.