Made with pure dark chocolate, coconut milk, and spices, this is the Holy Grail for low-carb chocolate fiends. Treat yourself to a (guilt-free!) cup the next time a craving strikes. (Make this nut- and dairy-free by using coconut milk and water for the first two ingredients.)
- Yield: 1 Serving
- ½ cup (120 ml/4 fl oz) coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (120 ml/4 fl oz) water or almond milk
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons (20 g 0.7 ounce) granulated erythritol or Swerve
- 1 ounce (28 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/0.5 fl oz) MCT oil or coconut oil
- Few drops liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, water, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and erythritol. Bring to a boil. When bubbles form on top, remove the mixture from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add the unsweetened chocolate and MCT oil and let it melt while stirring. If you want a sweeter taste, add the stevia and stir again.
- Pour the chocolate mixture through a sieve into a blender and pulse for a few seconds until smooth and frothy. Serve hot!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.