- Yield: 4 Servingsas part of multicourse meal or for lunch
- ½ lb (250 g) cooked fresh or canned crabmeat, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 crisp textured apple (Fuji or Granny Smith)
- 4 cups (350 g) mixed baby greens
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil (such as vegetable, canola, grapeseed)
- ¼ teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon finely minced fresh chilli pepper (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the Dressing.
- In a large bowl, add the crabmeat. Use your fingers to squeeze the freshly grated ginger to release the ginger juices into the bowl with the crabmeat. Discard the spent ginger pulp. Gently mix the crabmeat with a fork.
- Core the apple and cut into matchstick strips. Immediately add the apples to the crabmeat and toss lightly with the salt, pepper, mint and lime juice. Assemble plates by layering baby greens and top-ping with crab/apple mixture.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle some of the Dressing onto the salad until lightly coated. You should have some leftover Dressing. The Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.