Cheesecake is my obsession, and even though Kevin doesn’t like it, I still make these bars all the time. Having all this cheesecake madness to myself is dangerous, but each creamy bite is so worth it. These decadent bars call for only eight easy ingredients, and the batter comes together in minutes. And get this: the crust is made from melted butter and Oreos®. If that doesn’t make you get up and start making these, I don’t know what will!
- Yield: 16 Bars
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 20 Oreo® cookies (Double Stuf or regular)
- 16 oz cream cheese (448g), softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp, vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (210g) fresh raspberries
- 0.33 cup (60g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8in or 9 x 9in baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside. Make the crust
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos® into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium bowl. Press into the lined pan and bake for 9–10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling. Make the filling
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, egg, granulated sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Gently fold in the raspberries and ¼ cup of the dark chocolate chips. Spread the mixture over your cooled crust. Top with the remaining dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. These bars will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.