- Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 T. water
- 2 eggplants, peeled and sliced (¼-inch thick)
- 2 c. Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1½ c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 28 oz. jar garden-style pasta sauce, divided
- 1½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
- Whisk together eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until tender. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Spread a small amount of sauce in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan; layer with half the eggplant, one cup sauce, 1/2 cup remaining Parmesan cheese and one cup crumb mixture.
- Repeat layering. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.