- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup egg whites (about 4 large eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon reduction
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ vanilla bean, split and scraped, but pod reserved
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 egg yolks
- 0.33 cup sugar
- 2½ oz cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
Nobo Fruit Tea Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried nobo fruit tea
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ vanilla pod, split and scraped, but pod reserved
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon juice
How to Make It
- Nobo fruit tea is a tea made up of dried berries, hibiscus, apple and rosehips. Together with sugar it makes a rich, fruity flavoured syrup. Ask for it at your local tea shop. Lemon Tuiles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar using the paddle attachment until the mixture is fluffy and pale yellow. Gradually add egg whites, vanilla, lemon reduction and lemon zest, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure that the ingredients are fully incorporated. Add flour, then scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Using an offset spatula and a round template 3 inches in diameter, spread a thin layer of batter across the template onto the lined baking sheet. Remove the template to leave a disc of batter. Repeat until you have made twelve tuiles. Bake in the oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream, milk, vanilla bean (both seeds and pod) and honey to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a medium heatproof mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return this custard to the saucepan and cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove and discard the vanilla pod, then whisk in cream cheese.
- Remove from heat and cool over an ice bath. Strain through a fine sieve. Pour into an electric ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. Nobo Fruit Tea Syrup
- In a small saucepan, simmer water, tea, cinnamon and vanilla for about 1o minutes. Strain the liquid into another small saucepan and discard the solids. Add sugar and lemon juice to the tea. Simmer on medium heat until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.