- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1½ pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, bias-cut into ½-inch thick slices
- ½ cup bias-sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp instant beef bouillon granules
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- ½ cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine meat, carrots, green onions, and garlic. In a medium bowl, combine the 1½ cups water, the soy sauce, ginger, bouillon granules, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4½ to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and the 3 tbsp cold water; stir into meat mixture along with sweet pepper. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring once. Stir in sugar snap peas. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.