- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 8 Hours
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- ¼ cup beef broth or water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa verde
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- Black pepper
- Taco shells or tortillas, for serving
- Green enchilada sauce, for serving (optional)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pico de gallo, cilantro, sour cream
How to Make It
- Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour in the broth and sprinkle the salt and taco seasoning over the roast.
- Add the salsa, 1 can of the green chiles, and the onion on top of the roast. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the meat easily shreds.
- Remove the roast from the pan and discard any excess fat. Shred the meat with two forks and then return it to the slow cooker with the remaining 1 can green chiles. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Turn the slow cooker to Warm until ready to serve.
- Place the shredded beef inside taco shells or tortillas and add your favorite toppings.