Groundnut soup, also known as peanut butter soup, is a much-loved staple in many African cultures. This soup can be prepared using groundnuts as we do in this recipe or can be prepared using peanut butter bought from a store.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cu p groundnut or roasted peanut
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons seasoning powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
How to Make It
- Add the groundnut and 1 cup of water to a blender and blend until it forms a thick smooth paste, then place aside.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced onions and peppers to hot oil and allow to fry for 3 minutes
- Add groundnut paste and seasoning cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix in with groundnut paste.
- Add ½ cup of water and leave to cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with swallows such as Eba or Pounded yam.