This dessert tastes even more awesome than it looks!
- Yield: 8 Servings
Sugar Cookie Crust
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16.5-oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
White Chocolate Shavings
- 4 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
White Chocolate Banana Cream Filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 3½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 0.12 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 small bananas
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped; unsweetened cocoa
How to Make It
Prepare Sugar Cookie Crust
- Knead flour into cookie dough. Roll out dough to ⅛-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9½-inch tart pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges, and trim excess. Prick bottom of dough with a fork. Freeze pie crust for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare White Chocolate Shavings
- Place chopped white chocolate in a 6-oz. custard cup. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring every 10 seconds. Freeze chocolate 30 minutes or until hardened. Remove chocolate from freezer; dip bottom of custard cup in hot water for about 45 seconds. Unmold chocolate onto a small wax paper–lined plate. Chill chocolate disk until firm. Shave chocolate into curls using a vegetable peeler. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake crust for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully pat crust down (it will puff when baked). Cool crust completely in pan on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare White Chocolate Banana Cream Filling
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Beat eggs until foamy. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter and white chocolate, stirring until melted. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Stir together 1 qt. water and lemon juice in a 2-quart bowl. Cut bananas into ½-inch-thick slices; place in cold water mixture for 30 seconds, stirring gently to coat slices. Drain well.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer in bottom of cooled crust. Pour warm custard over bananas, spreading to edges of crust. Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on warm filling (to prevent a film from forming); chill 2 hours. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.)
- Remove plastic wrap from filling, and top with whipped cream, spreading to within ½ inch of edge of tart. Sprinkle with White Chocolate Shavings, and dust with cocoa.