- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ gallon (8 cups) fresh, unfiltered apple cider, preferably organic
- 1 grated orange zest
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s or another Tennessee-style whiskey, optional
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
How to Make It
- In a medium-size pot, bring the cider to a simmer over medium-high heat. When it simmers, add the orange zest, cloves, cinnamon sticks, whiskey (if using), brown sugar, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Let the cider return to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, adjusting the heat up or down to maintain the simmer.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve or chinois and serve warm.