- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (½ cup)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use sauce immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.