- Yield: 12 macaroons
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 180 g unsweetened desiccated coconut, plus 2 tablespoons, kept separate
- 225 g dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the 180 g of desiccated coconut, dates, vanilla (if using) and sea salt in a food processor and process until thick and sticky.
- Place the extra coconut on a small plate. Form the date mixture into little balls, then roll in the coconut for decoration.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until barely golden.