- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 mackerel per person
- 75 g squid
- 1 slice Iberico ham per person
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- bouquet garni
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 100 g double cream
- 2 baby gem lettuces
- 50 g watercress
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 25 g butter
- 140 g plain flour mixed with
- 14 g baking powder
- 250 ml soda water
- 25 ml vodka
- Micro herbs to serve
How to Make It
- In a hot pan, add the shallot, garlic, bouquet garni and white wine and reduce by 2 thirds.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce to 500 ml and then remove the bouquet garni.
- Add the cream and reduce to 500 ml, blitz.
- Wash and dry the lettuce, add the lettuce and the watercress and vito mix for 2 minutes, and then add the butter and seasoning and mix together. Cool down. Mackerel
- Prep the fish, gut and scale, fillet and pin bone.
- Dry for 6 hours in the fridge, vacuum pac with a little olive oil.
- Pan fry on lightly oiled baking parchment paper for 2 minutes until golden, and skin is crisp. Tempura Squid
- Mix together the ingredients for the tempura batter.
- Slice the squid and coat in flour, then dip in tempura batter.
- Cook in deep fat fryer for 30 seconds and drain. To Plate
- Arrange mackerel, squid and ham on plate and finish with the velouté.