- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 3 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine ½ of the mozzarella, beef, garlic powder, bread crumbs, pepper, onions, and salt.
- Shape the mix into a large loaf, then place it in a casserole dish.
- Cook the meat in the oven for 55 minutes then let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the meat into slices, then layer the pieces of meat on a roll.
- Top everything with the marinara, then remaining cheese.
- Cover the sandwich with foil and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let the sandwich cool for 20 minutes, then cut each one in half.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.