This recipe comes from avid science fiction fan Darren Hann, of Sci-Fi on the Rock. Darren came in for a Halloween instalment of One Chef One Critic. Not surprisingly, he informs us that if mynock (Star Wars creatures) are not in season, you may substitute chicken wings.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 lb (908 g) chicken wings
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) taco seasoning
- 2 cups (500 ml) flour
- Place wings in a large bowl or pan. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. Add water to cover and soak at least 30 minutes.
- In another bowl mix flour and taco seasoning. Drain wings and dry them.
- Dredge wings in flour mixture. Deep fry wings until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream or blue cheese.