- Yield: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) super-fresh sustainable scallops
- 3 limes juice
- dash of tequila
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 grapefruit, cut into fine segments
- small bunch of coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- 1 large radicchio, leaves separated
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
How to Make It
- Start by slicing the scallops into thin rounds (about three or four per scallop, depending on their thickness), then put them in a glass or ceramic bowl with the lime juice, tequila, onion and chilli. Add a sprinkle of salt and leave to marinate for between 30 minutes and 1 hour. During this time, the scallops will ‘cook’ in the lime juice and become opaque.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with extra lime juice or salt as needed. Add the grapefruit and half the coriander, then set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use a double layer of radicchio leaves to form ‘nests’ for the ceviche, then divide the scallops and grapefruit evenly between them, adding a dash of the marinating juices. Garnish with the remaining coriander and a sprinkling of the pomegranate seeds. Serve and eat immediately.