- Yield: 1 cup (240 ml)
- 2 oz (55 g) canned beets, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup (70 g) diced red onion
- ¾ cup (135 g) peeled and de-seeded cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup (14 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt, to taste
How to Make It
- Chop the beets into pieces and add them to the bowl of a mini food processor along with the pumpkin puree, water, lime juice, olive oil and Taco Seasoning. Pulse until the mixture is just combined, not completely smooth.
- Add the onion, cucumber and cilantro and pulse a few more times to make a chunky salsa. Add salt to taste. You can eat this straightaway, but the salsa is at its best when it has been chilled for a few hours and the flavors have had time to marry together.