- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 4 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 6 cups (1.5 L) beef stock
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) dry sherry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ lb (125 g) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until they are caramelized and sticky.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook 1 minute more. Add the stock, tarragon and bay leaf and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sherry, salt and pepper. To serve, ladle the soup into warmed bowls and top each serving with the crumbled Stilton and green onions.