- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2½ cups uncooked penne pasta (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz) portabella mushrooms, halved, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz) chunky tomato pasta sauce (any meatless variety)
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Fennel leaves, if desired
How to Make It
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, sliced fennel and garlic in oil 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fennel is crisp-tender. Stir in pasta sauce, beans and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Divide cooked pasta among 6 serving bowls or plates; spoon vegetable mixture evenly over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with fennel leaves.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.