Instead of picking up pizza on Friday night, make this crust at home. It’s a thin crust perfect for holding your favorite toppings, whether meat or veggie. Make one large pizza to share with the whole family or two small pizzas top one off for dinner and freeze one crust to save for later.
- Yield: 1 (13-inch) pizza or two 9-inch (23 cm) pizzas
- about 2¼ cups (292 grams) Pizza Flour Blend
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2¼ teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley, optional
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil, plus more for coating pans
- ½ cup (120 ml) plus 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or additional flour for dusting
- ½ cup (120 ml) Pesto
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ¼ to ½ cup (28 to 56 g) Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds, optional
- 1 cup (22 g) arugula
To Prepare the Pizza Crust
- Grease one 13-inch (33 cm) round pizza pan, two 9-inch (23 cm) round pans, or one 10 by 13-inch (25 by 33 cm) baking sheet.
- Combine the flour blend, xanthan gum, yeast, sugar, salt, pepper, flaxseed meal, and basil or parsley (if desired) in a medium bowl.