I met Chef Kent Tilley of Bianca’s restaurant in 1999. He was a young man just starting his life as a chef, but it was easy to tell he had what it takes to make a career in the culinary world. I saw his keen interest in cooking and sensed a solid knowledge of the art. This is a simple recipe he prepared on our first TV segment together.
- Yield: 1 Log
- 1 cedar plank, soaked in water for 24 hrs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) pine nuts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 1 log of goat cheese (5 oz/150 g)
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium. Place cedar plank on grill and wait until bottom of plank starts to smoke before cooking. Keep checking the rate of burn and if flames curl up around the edge of the wood, turn the heat down until flames subside.
- Drain tomatoes and coarsely chop. Mix together tomatoes, pine nuts, and basil. Roll goat cheese in the mixture. Place the cheese on the plank until it is warm but still holding its shape. Serve with French bread.