- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 g) unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (245 g) canned pumpkin
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour or sorghum fl our
- ½ cup (56 g) fl ax meal
- ½ cup (50 g) rice bran
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking soda
- 1 cup (165 g) packed sulfi tefree raisin
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped apple, very small pieces (about 1 small apple)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer ,combine the brown sugar, vanilla, applesauce, oil, and salt. Add the pumpkin and the next 5 ingredients (through baking soda) and mix until you have a smooth, semi-firm dough. By hand, stir in the raisins and apple pieces.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a fl at surface or wire rack to cool completely.