- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1½ Cup Quinoa
- 3 Cups Water
- ¾ Cup Fresh pitted cherries
- ½ Cup Cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Mint leaves, finely chopped ¼ Cup Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Shallots, finely sliced
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice 1½ Tab Apple cider vinegar 1½ tsp orange rind zest
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- Pinch celtic sea salt
How to Make It
- Bring 3 cups of water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add the quinoa, reduce temperature and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Remove from heat and set aside for a further 5 minutes with the lid still on. Once down, Remove the lid and turn out into a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the rest of the salad and dressing ingredients.
- For the dressing add all the ingredients to a glass jar and secure lid. Shake well and set aside until ready to use. Check seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Once quinoa is cool, add all the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl. Pour over dressing and gently toss to combine.