This is the perfect balance of big flavours. Just make sure you use a hot radish: organic ones usually have more kick to them, as do the long black Spanish variety. The crispness of the radishes contrasted with the intense saltiness of the olives and anchovies is so good. Once you start munching on these, you won’t stop.
- Yield: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 15 radishes, any larger ones cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 9 oz (250 g) Greek-style dry-cured olives, pitted
- Greek-style dry-cured olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound all the tapenade ingredients with a grinding of pepper to a coarse, rustic paste (or keep pounding until smooth if you prefer it that way). Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Mix the tapenade through the radishes, then let people help themselves.