- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb (450 g) round or sirloin steak in a single piece
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups dried fusilli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1-inch/2.5-cm chunks
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
How to Make It
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Broil or pan-fry it for 4 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, bring back to a boil, and cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain the fusilli, refresh in cold water, and drain again thoroughly. Toss the fusilli in the olive oil and set aside until required.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, and honey in a small pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions, cucumber, tomatoes, and mint to the pan, then add the steak and mix well. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer the fusilli to a large, warm serving dish and top with the steak and salad mixture. Serve just warm or let cool completely.