One of the common misconceptions about vegans is that they don’t barbecue food. That is simply not the case, so to prove it, try these Asian veggie kebabs for an awesome addition to your barbecue buffet. Photographed here with Italian veggie kebabs.
- Yield: 6 kebabs
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 400 g block of firm tofu, cut into 1 cm (½ in) cubes
- 4 peaches, each sliced into 6 segments
- 200 g mushrooms, halved
- 2 large onions, each cut into 12 chunks
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/gas 4.
- Mix the hoisin and soy sauces and vegetable oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Now assemble the skewers by alternating the ingredients evenly on to 6 skewers. Brush them with the hoisin mix, then place on a plate or baking tray, cover and place in the fridge for at least a few hours, to help the kebabs absorb the hoisin flavour.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then finish on a hot barbecue for added flavour.