- Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 cups (1.5 L) fresh or frozen red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) onions, chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 2½ cups (625 mL) low-sodium tinned chicken broth
- 3½ cups (875 mL) whole milk
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
How to Make It
- Combine peppers, onions, thyme, and broth in pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the peppers are soft. Remove pot from burner and cool.
- Blend contents of pot in a food processor, returning puréed batches to another pot. Add milk, salt, and black pepper to purée. Blend with a whisk. Bring to just a slight boil and serve.