- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb 7 oz (650 g) cooked beet
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange juice
- 1 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz (115 g) fresh baby spinach leaves
How to Make It
- Using a sharp knife, dice the cooked beet and set aside until required. Heat the olive oil in a small, heavy-bottom pan. Add the orange juice, sugar and fennel seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the reserved beet to the pan and stir gently to coat. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the baby spinach leaves in a large salad bowl. Spoon the warmed beet on top and serve immediately.