- Yield: 4 Servings
- 35 oz (1 kg) floury potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup (150 g) melted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a 30 x 17 x 2.5 cm/11¾ x 6¾ x 1 inch brownie pan, lightly greased and lined with baking parchment
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (400˚F) Gas 6. Don’t wash the potato slices, as the starch in them will help them stick together simply put them into a large bowl and pour in the melted butter (I melt the butter in the oven, but a microwave will do, if you prefer).
- Add the herbs and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then give everything a really good stir, so that the butter and herbs thoroughly coat the potato slices. Spread the potatoes in the prepared brownie pan, cover with foil and bake for about 50 minutes–1 hour – removing the foil halfway through the cooking time – until the potatoes are soft and golden on the top. Serve immediately.