This divine omelet is great for brunch or lunch, especially with a salad. Have some hot sauce at the table.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican or Spanish cheese
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and season with paprika.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and add 2 tbsp. water.
- Pour the eggs into a second skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to push the eggs around until they set, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the grated cheese on top of the eggs and fold in half.
- Place the omelet on a platter.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the omelet and cut into 4 pieces.