This simple, elegant soup is so richly flavored, you’ll want it to be the first, main, and last course of the meal. Protein-packed, with a wee bit of curry for spice, this soup is the perfect dish for creating strong digestion.
- Yield: 3 Servings
- 1 to 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup yellow or green split peas, rinsed well
- 4 cups spring or filtered water
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh flatleaf parsley, minced, for serving
How to Make It
- Stir together the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a soup pot over medium heat. When the onion begins to sizzle, add a small pinch of salt and the curry powder and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower and sauté until shiny with oil. Add the split peas and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the peas are quite soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove a small amount of broth from the pot and use it to dissolve the miso. Return the miso mixture to the pot; using a handheld blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Return to the stove to warm through and serve garnished with fresh parsley.