This is a flavorful soup with its hot and sour taste, and it is an easy dish to prepare.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 lbs Chicken, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1×15-ounce can straw mushrooms
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1-inch slice fresh ginger
- 2 quarts chicken stock, low-sodium
- 2×2-inch lemongrass stalks, sliced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Dipping sauces of your choice
How to Make It
- To prepare the broth, bring the stock to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat with the lid on. Add the ginger, lime leaves, lemon grass, and red chili peppers.
- Remove the lid. Add the curry paste, lime juice, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook for 8 minutes. Mushroom slices should be cooked through. Add the cilantro.
- Pour the broth into the hot pot on serving table on the burner. Ladle the broth into diners bowls.
- Allow your diners to cook the thin slices of chicken in the hotpot. Have dipping sauces on the serving table.