Using seed oils in dips is an ideal way to load up on omega 3S. This beautiful green summery dip looks great garnished with fresh herbs and tastes amazing smothered on crunchy crostini, as here.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2½ cups (410 g) white beans
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup (50 g) spinach
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 wholegrain baguette or 6 wholegrain rolls
- ½ cup (120 ml) garlic-infused olive oil
How to Make It
- For the crostini, preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) Gas 4.
- Slice the baguette or rolls into 1-cm/½-inch slices. Brush both sides of the sliced baguette or rolls with garlic-infused olive oil then arrange the pieces on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the slices in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning once so both sides cook evenly and brown. Transfer the crostini to a wire rack to cool then serve with the white bean dip.
- For the dip, blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor and serve. It’s as easy as that! If you like, you can add the spinach at the end and leave it coarsely chopped so the little dark green flecks are visible.