- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 to 5 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup soy butter, softened, or unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plain granola
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Spread the apple slices and cranberries in the pan in an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, using your fingers and a fork or wooden spoon, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, granola, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. The mixture will be crumbly, not smooth. Spoon the mixture over the fruit, spreading it so that it covers the fruit evenly.
- Bake the crisp for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender and bubbling.
- Serve the crisp warm or at room temperature, with ice cream if desired.